WHOLE ME | Whole 30 Week 2

Tomorrow morning marks half way through the Whole 30. Half way. Half way! I can hardly believe it myself but I have also resorted to dreaming about sneaking donuts and totally cheating on my diet. I wake up realizing that it was only a dream and then laugh at myself because I felt guilty upon waking that I totally walked into a grocery store, filled my cart with things that aren't diet compliant, and then went to town and consumed everything that I could. 

Sure, I've had cravings. Sure, I would like to have had popcorn at the movie theatre when we went on a date. Sure, I would like to not have to cook ALL OF THE TIME and wash dishes ALL OF THE TIME. But, in all reality, the past 2 weeks haven't been nearly as hard as I thought it would be. I have had only one day where I had a raging headache. I've landed into a pretty decent groove and routine of what I eat when. Going out to eat doesn't really happen unless it's Chipotle, which is awesome, or some breakfast joint where I can stay decently well behaved. I have felt pretty tired some days but then I sleep well and dream like crazy. 


I'm already contemplating what I will be allowing back into my diet after all of this done. I still have goals to meet. This picture has been my phone screen since I started the Whole 30. I believe this was back in 2006, so nearly 10 years ago, which is crazy to think about. I was home from college for Christmas and I was pretty darn skinny. I believe I had gone through a breakup, moved to campus, and didn't take that great of care of myself, but needless to say, this is possible. Now, after a kid and nearly ten more years since that time, I realize that my body has gone through some pretty epic changes. For example, growing a baby and then delivering the baby changed just about everything about my body chemistry. But, I am a very visual person, and having a goal in mind, is a good thing. It just shows me that I can be that weight. It is possible. I know the goal weight I am working towards and I don't want to stop until I meet it. 

So, I have 2 more weeks. I can totally do this. I need to try a few more new recipes in my rotation so I don't get tired of the eating the same things all of the time. Miraculously, I haven't tired of eggs. I LOVE eggs, which is a good thing. Here's what I ate last week. Again, if you don't want to see food photos, don't. 


B: We went out to eat. I ended up getting a Denver Skillet without the cheese and a coffee. It was so so good. 
L: Shredded Chicken, Guac, Salsa. HB Eggs. Ice Tea. 
S: Grapes and Turkey
D: Prosciutto wrapped chicken, greens beans & mushrooms cooked in Ghee. Pineapple.  


B: Bacon & Eggs. Coffee. 
L: Sweet Potatoes, Shredded Chicken, Guac, Salsa. Minus the plantains. I just forgot to take a picture. 
D: HB Eggs, Turkey, Grapes, Guac


B: HB Eggs, Banana, Blueberries, Almond Butter, Coffee
L: Chicken Sausage, Green Beans & Mushrooms, Spicy Mustard
D: Shrimp Stir Fry w/ Coconut Aminos. 


B: Cashew Cookie Lara Bar, HB Eggs, Banana, Coffee
L: Shrimp Stir Fry w/ Coconut Aminos
S: Strawberries
D: Grapes, Plantains (I know, I know), Guac



B: HB Eggs, Bacon, Coffee
L: Chicken Sausage, Green Beans & Mushrooms, Spicy Mustard, La Croix
D: Fridge Dump....Sweet Potatoes, Shredded Chicken, Green Beans, Mushrooms, Hot Sauce


B: HB Eggs, Turkey, Peach, Coffee
L: Proscuitto Wrapped Chicken, Steamed Veggies, Grapes, 
D: Strawberries, Plantains, Guac


B: HB Eggs, Turkey, Banana, Coffee
L: Chipotle from Work!
S: Mango, Mixed Berries, Banana, Almond Milk Smoothie
D: Chicken Sausage, Veggies, Spicy Mustard, Grapes, La Croix

What I Am Learning: 

1. I still really want to weigh myself. I'm noticing a change and I am super curious to see what the scale says. 
2. I have to make time to workout. The past two days I haven't done the best at that but I'm sitting in my workout clothes as I type this. Once the kid goes down for a nap, I'm working out. 
3. La Croix is the best drink ever. 
4. I miss Ezekiel Bread in the morning with an over easy egg. 
5. Meal prep is super important. 


There you have it. Another week is done. I got this. 

No comments