Currently Clicking: Week #24

Each and every week, I gather links of all of the places I have been perusing in the great, grand internet. There are plenty of people out there doing big things and small things. Some of these are practical, some are inspiring. This week I remember how much I like Mike Rowe. I am still obsessed with the idea of having so much less stuff. I have found some salad tips but also some different ways to enjoy mac n' cheese. I've spent a good deal of time lately researching making my own baby food. And finally, we all need some tips on how to make it through mondays every once in a while.......



 photo 0acbc3fb3addb740108700c4c9dd1fd7_zps14e7f3a4.jpg
  1. We are Mike Rowe fans in our household. I will always remember the day I was in labor, we watched countless episodes of Dirty Jobs before going to the hospital. Rowe also has a way of looking at the way we work and why in a way I can respect and promote. Here are 12 Points in Mike Rowe's S.W.E.A.T Pledge- Exactly What Americans Need To Regain Its Can-Do Spirit.  My favorite: Don't chase your passion, take it with you. 
  2. I need to reignite my "getting rid of stuff" flame once more. I had great drive for two weeks and need to get back on track. I need this....Let it Go: How to Let Yourself Finally Get Rid of Things.  This week my goal is to go through our office closet and bookcase. I can do this. I am always looking for more ways to simplify our lives. Here are 5 blogs to help you lead a minimalist lifestyle. 
  3. During my work week, I have been trying to eat a salad for lunch everyday. It keeps things light and healthy. I am always looking for different salad recipes or way to approach the process. Here is a round up of salad making tips. I also made roasted chickpeas last week to put in my salads. It was a nice change of pace. 
  4. I am going to try my hand at making baby food this week. Marin is all about the spoon lately and really isn't too keen yet on feeding herself (i.e. Baby Led Weaning.) I've been researching this like crazy. Making your own is cheaper, healthier, and you know exactly what is in your baby's food. Here are some of the resources I've been using this week. The Baby Food Breakdown.  How to make a week's worth of baby food in one hour. Removing the "huh?" out of starting solid foods.  Baby Food 101. 
  5. I needed this this week. Marin was up way, way, way too early on Monday morning. Joy the Baker's 11 Ways to Get Through This Monday. 
  6. Who doesn't like mac n' cheese? I recall being very pregnant and having cravings for the stuff. Here are 10 ways to unhand Annie's Mac & Cheese. Yum.  

No comments