Currently Clicking: Week #21

Each and every week, I gather links of all of the places I have been perusing in the great, grand internet. There are plenty of people out there doing big things and small things. Some of these are practical, some are inspiring. This week I am continuing to strive for more simplicity, sustainability, and minimalism in our lives...with a child. I am on a new kick, ok---let's say obsession, with an idea of buying land and living in a modular home. I stumbled across 20 hacks for the house for parents and a great outside rug solution. 

 photo day286_lowres_zps0f10aaca.jpg
Source 
  1. I've been striving for more simplicity in our lives and in our home. Having a minimalist mentality is one of the things on my 29 Things List.  So far I've gone through a dresser in our office and the filing cabinet. With an almost 6 month old around, I call that an achievement. Anything I can read about minimalism and organizing, I do. Here is a great post about having a minimalist mentality with a family.  Here's another one as well. 
  2. As far as seeking simplicity, here you can read up on switching over to using natural, personal care products. Here is another post with 4 ideas of living simply. Some are a little extreme for me, but most I could gel with. Here is a one last post about budget living. 
  3. I'm on a new house kick or idea, per say. I want to buy land and then place a prefab/modular home on the land. I do not want a mobile home. Prefab & Modular have come a long way. Look at this eye candy: here, here, here, and here.  I think that would be so cool. You could then get the home you want, where you want. Prefabs are usually a better cost, more sustainable, and take way less time to build. 
  4. Every mom and dad need some parenting hacks along the way. Here are 20 Hacks for the House. 
  5. When I first saw this back yard redo, I didn't realize that the rug wasn't actually a rug. Here is DIY Paint Your Own Rug Project. I kind of love it. 

No comments