Baby Sullivan | Week Eighteen


It's a winter wonderland outside and both kiddos are in their rooms taking a nap or having their quite time. Marin is pretty worn out from playing in the snow at preschool and I'm just hoping she crawls into bed and sleeps for a while. Usually on preschool days, I get lucky and she naps for even just a bit. The time change has kind of thrown all of us a bit off this week but we seem to be getting back into the nap groove again. Granted, I want to go to bed at 8pm every night the past few nights. I really dislike how dark it is so early nowadays and I just want to stay inside all of the time and drink my coffee under some blankets. 





Sullivan had his 4 month well check yesterday and he is a growing boy! His weight clocked in at 18 lbs, 11.8 oz. I cannot believe how big he already is. He's wearing mostly 6-9 month clothes right now and still is in size 3 diapers. He's also pretty tall but is in the 80-90th percentile for weight, height, and head circumference. We got the clear to start introducing some cereal and baby food in the next month or so. With Marin, we hardly did any rice cereal because of the lack of nutritional benefit and we will probably do the same with little dude. It's pretty crazy to me that we are already almost to the point of digging out the high chair from the basement. 



We've been doing lots of tummy time and Sullivan grows stronger every day. He has not rolled over quite yet though but seems so close. I think part of it is that he is so dang big that getting himself to roll over is quite the task. We will keep working on it though and I'm sure he will surprise us one day and just roll on over. 

Rocking his "My Mom Rocks" outfit at the church nursery. 
He's been sleeping really well lately and I'm thanking Jesus for that. We moved his bedtime up to 7pm and it seems to be working really well. On good days, we get him down for consistent nap times and that helps him so much. He's such a chill, awesome little dude to begin with but when he's getting good sleep, he's in such a good place. 

We escaped to a toddler free lunch on Monday. 
This snow makes me want to put on some Christmas music and get out the decorations...I'll wait a little while longer...maybe. Last year, everything was up before Thanksgiving. I love this time of year and having the decorations up for as long as possible is always a favorite part of this time of year. I'm almost done with Christmas shopping as well....just need to pick up a few more things. I love this time of year. Having children makes this season even more special. I love seeing it all through the eyes of a child. I want to soak it all in. 





No comments