Dinner With Denise & Company


I've said it many times before, but I love how food brings people together. No matter how horrible our day at work might have been, or the fact that we might have ten dollars left to our name in our checking account, or perhaps we are just in a funk: a dinner with friends can make everything seem not so important or overwhelming. A dinner with friends forces you to see what really is important in your life.


At the beginning of this year, we had dinner with this same couple. On Monday, we went to their house, joined by our roommate and Denise's mother, and had a wonderful meal that I'm still dreaming about. Denise is an amazing cook and being able to come to her home is a real treat, one that I don't take lightly.

We began the evening with a Sausage, Kale, and Potato Soup that warms your bones.

 
The main course was Winter squash with Quinoa, fruit, nuts and a pomegranate drizzle. Denise also blogs. It's full of many other amazing recipes as well.






The roomie made roasted broccoli, which was delicious.

Beers were had, cider was had.


My lovely honey even baked the cake for the evening festivities because the day before the dinner I realized that due to work, I would never have enough time to come home and bake a cake before dinner. He did an amazing job. He has a beard and he cooks! W-I-N-N-E-R!




I want many more food filled nights such as this.





3 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi baily, i'm a reader of denise's blog. just discovered yours via her link. wonderful-looking food! looks like a lovely time was had by all.

    ReplyDelete