WHOLE ME | Whole30 Week 1

Lately, I feel like I've been right on the edge of something extraordinary. It's been a slow climb but I feel like I've finally landed on something that feels like home. The Whole 30. Some of you probably know what this is, some of you don't. For thirty days, I am abstaining from grains, legumes, dairy, alcohol, and sugar. 



You're probably thinking..." That sounds horrible! Why would you ever do that??!!" 

Well, I'm doing it because I want to change my relationship with food and finally feel good in my own skin. Ever since I had a baby, a year and a half ago, I have been on a constant struggle with my weight and how I feel about myself. Somedays, I think about it constantly. Other days, I avoid it with everything within me and reach for another cookie and then another. 

I'm sick and tired of being sick and tired. I've set out to change that. I want to feel confident and actually love the person that looks back at me in the mirror. I like that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. In my mind, I can do anything for 30 days. I tried this about a month ago and failed miserably in the process of getting new floors in our home, not having a kitchen for a week, and then going on vacation and eating whatever my heart desired. My head wasn't in the game. It is now. 



I have been taking photos of all of my meals, in an effort to document everything that I am eating. I have scheduled out all of my workouts for the month and it's been really good getting back into the swing of things. I'm doing a combination of the HIIT program, 30 Day Shred, Yoga Inferno, and PIYO. I will probably incorporate in other workouts if I get bored and I want to take a lot of walks with Marin. 


(Side Note: If you are looking for an amazing planner, check out the GetToWork Book. I am so obsessed. I believe this round is sold out, but she will be releasing them again.) 

Here is what I ate in the first week. I totally nerd out when other bloggers post about this stuff, so if you aren't a fan of food photos, quit reading. You've been warned. 

The one thing about this plan is you cook a lot. I'm constantly washing dishes but I feel so much better about what I'm putting in my body. It's worth it. 



B: Aidell's Sausage from Costco, Fried Egg, Melons, Coffee (Black) 
L: Chicken, Steamed Veggies, Melon
S: Apple w/ Almond Butter
D: Turkey, Paleo Avocado Mayo, Bell Peppers, HB eggs, plantains, guacamole, dates for dessert



B: Scrambled eggs (no milk) with Aidell's Sausage, Spinach, Black Coffee
L: Spinach, Cruciferous Crunch from Trader Joe's sautéed in avocado oil and ghee, Chicken, Grapes
S: Plantains, Avocado, Salsa
D: Chicken Wrapped in Prosciutto, HB Eggs, Steamed Veggies



B: Smoothie (mango, berries, spinach, almond milk) 
*I know the rules are all about not having smoothies. My kid drinks these and still plan to make them.
L: Same as Day 2's dinner
S: Iced Tea (unsweetened), Dates
D: Plantains, Avocado, Chicken, Salsa



B: Banana, Blueberries, Almond Butter, HB Eggs, Black Coffee
L: Turkey, Bell Peppers, Spicy Mustard, Guacamole, Plantains, Grapes
D: Watermelon, Ridell's Sausage, Broccoli, Mustard, Berries for Dessert


B: Larabar, Banana, HB Eggs, Iced Coffee. Later on I had an apple. Hungry at work. 
L: Chipotle! Carnitas, Salad, Salsa, Guacamole. So delicious!! Ice Tea. 
D: (Went to the movies and didn't get popcorn and a soda!) Plantains, grapes, Iced Tea


B: Bacon & Eggs (It was really hard trying to find compliant bacon.) 
L: Tuna with paleo avocado mayo, lots of greens, banana peppers, sauerkraut, and sweet potatoes. (The kitchen sink salad) 
S: Coffee & Banana
D: Sweet Potatoes, Shredded Salsa Verde Chicken, Peppers, Guac, Plantains for added crunch, Salsa


B: Larabar, Banana, HB Eggs, Iced Cold Brew from Starbucks
L: Same as dinner last night, minus the plantains. (I behaved myself today.) 
D: Veggies, Chicken Wrapped In Prosciutto, Pineapple


What I'm Learning: 
1. This takes a lot of prep and cooking. 
2. I need to make sure I drink a lot more water.
3. I need to eat even more veggies. 
4. I need to lay off of the plantains so much. Those suckers are good. 
5. Chipotle is amazing.
6. Sugar is in everything. 
7. I always want to step on the scale in the morning and have to remind myself that I can't. 
8. I love how I wake up sore from my workouts the day before. It feels great to work my muscles. 
9. I need to not snack in the afternoon. 

No comments