Another Step

Some of you may know this and some of you may not. Last fall I went on the HCG diet. Highly controversial and fairly insane, but I still did it. I lost a lot of weight in the process. Was it worth it? In some ways -yes, in some ways- no. Have I kept all of the weight off? Most of it. Will I ever take myself through that torture again? No way. The second round I became so sick and I feel like my body still has damage from that diet. 

*If you're on that diet, go for it. If you're not, that's probably a good thing. It works, but it sucks. (That's my two cents.) 

So, I've taken another step to reach my goal. Weight Watchers. I tell you all this to hold myself accountable and to also state that the first week I've been on it has been wonderful. For those of you that don't know what the diet entails, you can eat pretty much what you want as long as you stay within your daily points. My OCD mind loves the ability to track everything online or on my phone too. This feels much safer. I feel much healthier and fully believe I will make these results stick this time around. 
Breakfast is still my favorite meal ever. 

I also plan on posting some recipes during my endeavor to the change the way I eat and take care of myself. I made this one on friday. Piece of cake and only 5 points per serving. Awesome. This recipe is specifically from Weight Watchers.




SLOW COOKER: RED BEANS, SAUSAGE, and RICE SOUP

Ingredients

1 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced   
 1 medium red onion(s), chopped   
 1 stalk(s) (large) celery, rib, chopped   
 1 medium green pepper(s), chopped   
 15 oz canned kidney beans, dark-variety, rinsed and drained   
 14 1/2 oz canned diced tomatoes, undrained   
9 oz cooked chicken sausage, andouille-style, cut into bite-size pieces   
1/4 tsp dried thyme   
1/4 tsp black pepper   
 6 cup(s) fat-free chicken broth   
1 cup(s) uncooked white rice, converted-variety recommended   

Instructions

  • Place garlic, onion, celery, bell pepper, beans, tomatoes with their juices and sausage in a 5-quart slow cooker. Add thyme and pepper; stir well.

  • Pour in broth and rice; stir again. Cover slow cooker and set on high power; cook for 4 hours. Yields about 1 1/2 cups per serving.

Notes

  • We recommend converted rice because regular long-grain rice can become mushy in slow cooker recipes.
    To turn up the heat, add 1/8 teaspoon of cayenne pepper with the thyme.
    Season to taste with salt and pepper.



    It turned out to be quite good. 


No comments