Baby Marin | Week Forty Six

I am becoming more and more aware of how soon Marin will be a one year old. My brain almost can't grasp that quite yet. I've been slowly figuring out what gifts we will give her. I want there to be a  smash cake. It will be here before we know it. 



Marin has finally mastered the art of feeding herself. I feel like we have been working on this for a while now but one day she just started picking food up and feeding herself. It was like something just clicked for her all of sudden. My current struggle is trying to figure out all of the things that I should feed her and then all of the things that she will eat. Marin eating food is great but there have been a few moments where the simplicity of breast feeding sounds so great but also so long ago. 



Whenever Marin hears music she starts dancing. That's probably my favorite quirk of hers. This girl loves music. Coming from two musician parents, we are obviously ecstatic and can't wait for the day that I begin teaching her how to play the piano or when she will get her first set of drums. Music is in her blood and I am forever thankful. 

Baby gates have become my best friend. Every morning, I pick up the house. I've been letting Marin roam the floor while I put away dishes and wipe up baby messes. She loves "helping" with emptying the dishwasher, has found a new love for anything that is stuck on the fridge, and still loves trying to escape out the kitty door. One day she will surprise us and just start walking around. It will happen soon. 



We also tried the nursery at church this past Sunday. She was fine when we left but only made it about 3/4 of the way through the service. I think it was pretty overwhelming for her to be around twenty other babies. Her existence usually consists of her family and her cousin. That's it. We will still keep trying because I know it's good for her to be around other littles, but we had some pretty epic tears on Sunday. Tomorrow will be a new day and we will try again. 



Week Forty Six. 

No comments