Marin Turns Three


On February 18th, our little gal turned three years old. I say this every single year, but somehow we were in the hospital one day, holding a little baby in our arms with no idea what we were doing and then we blink.....We have a 3 year old. 

Marin has blessed our lives in ways that I can't even begin to describe. Becoming parents has been one of the most rewarding and difficult things we have ever done. I have learned more from this little girl in the past few years than I have in my entire life. 



On Saturday, we invited our family over for a birthday celebration. In true Marin form, there was lots of pink packages and glitter tissue paper. She was given this adorable dress from a lady at church that her daughter wore 20-something years before. I think it's adorable. Marin's hair is also growing like crazy (finally) and she really needs a hair cut, but her dress is so cute. 


We brought in some chicken from Raising Canes and had other people bring sides of fries, beans fruit, pasta salad, cupcakes, etc. Raising Canes was the brilliant decision from my husband and I have been way too thankful to be eating chicken all week. It's so good. 

I barely got any photos taken because she moves quickly and so does our family. 



We don't have a baby girl any more. We have a little girl. Marin's vocabulary shocks me daily. She sleeps through the night. She drinks out of a big girl cup. Just this week, we dove once more into the land of potty training. It's finally clicking and I cannot believe it. She went poop in the potty last night and I've never been so thrilled about a bowel movement in my entire life. We haven't had a single accident and I'm so proud of this little peanut. 

I cannot wait to see what this new year brings for Marin. She will become a big sister to a new brother this summer. She will become a big girl and say good bye to diapers forever. This fall, we have enrolled her into 2 day a week preschool. I want to get her into dance class. 

We love you, Marin! Happy 3rd Birthday!! 

No comments