It's the Weekend | Number Nine



Prego belly and lots of prints. 
It's been raining again and I always love this weather. Just give me all of the coffee and we will all be okay. This week has been pretty normal in the grand scheme of things. I am no longer feeling sick from the flu from last week. Once I felt caught up in most areas of our lives, this week just carried on per usual. 

Next week, we are going on a mini-vacation up to Estes Park for a few days and I am looking so forward to just getting away and relaxing. This is the first time we are taking Marin with us to a hotel. We've been talking up the trip for weeks and she is very excited about the hotel pool. We might also take her to her first movie in a big theatre. I do wish we would have had her travel with us at a younger age, but it's better to start now than not at all. Vacation is so close and we are so ready. 

Here's where I've been clicking this week. My inner nerd is showing with one of these. There's some food posts per usual and some home stuff. I've also really been realizing how much screen time our kiddo gets and I'm not alright with it. It's too much. The girl loves Daniel Tiger with a passion and I love being able to keep my house somewhat picked up while she watches, but I also realize how bad it is to be in front of a screen too much. I'd like to change that. 

Heres are some decor worries to abandon. It's going to be ok. Your home is a process. 

Here are 6 household rules that you hated growing up but totally understand. Mom was right. 

I'm pregnant and I love food. I'd love to make this granola bark. This maple bacon grilled cheese (with Brie!!) looks amazing. Yum. 

I've been thinking a lot about maternity leave and returning to work. Here's how to win at work after maternity leave. 

Some fellow musicians have a kickstarter for their new album. These are good dudes that make great music and love Jesus. Win, win, win. 

In an effort to out myself as a total nerd, I am so excited that the X-files will be coming back to TV this fall. New episodes!! 

I need more ideas for less screen time in our house, especially ones that don't take a ton of prep. Here are 15 things to do instead of tv and 75 TV free activities for toddlers.  We played with homemade play dough at our Tot class the other day. The recipe is so easy and doesn't have anything weird in it. We will need to make this soon...







Have a great weekend! 

No comments