Baby Sullivan | Week One



With Marin, I did weekly posts documenting her first year. I kept it up for all 52 Weeks and I'm pretty proud of myself for that. I love that I can go back and see how much she changed and grew in the course of one year. There's a quote that comes to mind regarding parenthood: the days are long, but the years are short. I want to capture every moment that I can. 

I hope to document Baby Sullivan's first year the same. Granted, with Marin, I lugged around my DSLR camera and shot solely with that. This time around, I'm realizing that I am without my camera most of the time and will be documenting most everything via my phone. I have a preschooler and a newborn now. Mommy doesn't always have the capacity to shoot a photo the old school way. 


Sullivan is a week old as of today. The first few days of his time here on earth were spent at the hospital. Since I had a c-section, we stayed 3 nights this time. His sugar levels were pretty low and they monitored them very closely. A lot of that had to do with the fact that he's a pretty big baby. Every three hours or so, they would prick his adorable little heel and test his sugar levels. Luckily, after the first few days, everything was back where it needed to be and the monitoring ceased. 


We are getting in a great groove with nursing. With Marin, those first few weeks were super hard because her latch wasn't very awesome. Sully has been eating like a champ and I feel like Wonder Woman. I've been pumping like a crazy person as well and I'm already working on a stash for when I return to work. 

We are just taking each day as it comes at this point. We settle more into a routine with every feeding, every diaper change,  every length of time of sleep. He's sleeping in his crib at night and takes other naps in his swing/bouncer. We are learning the difference between day and night. Our nights have honestly not been too bad either. Once I was able to actually sleep on my side instead of awkwardly sleeping on my back practically sitting up, everything seemed to fall into place. A c-section is no joke though. The healing process this time around has been so different. 


I feel like this time around has been a lot easier. The transition has been pretty smooth. Marin is warming up to her little brother for the most part. I can tell that she's dealing with not being the center of attention all of the time though. I'm trying to make sure that she doesn't feel left out. She's been a great helper so far. 


Baby Sullivan...Week One. 




No comments