Maternity Leave Goals


I am a creator of lists. I thrive off of them and love being able to feel accomplished. I need this intensely in my life right now. Maternity leave has challenged me already and we are only a few weeks in. I don't do well with not doing much. I like to do things, to accomplish things, to meet my goals head on. I don't like not being able to drive, or really clean, or lift my toddler. Thanks, C-Section. It's been swell so far. But, we are getting there. 

Ryan heads back to work tomorrow and I'm trying to not psych myself out too much. We will get into a routine. We will see the other side of this transition. I will be able to shower someday without a baby bouncer in the bathroom and a toddler out in the hallway with her books. I need to give it time. 

One thing I am sure of though is that I want to soak in this time that I do have. I will probably never have this opportunity again. No work for many weeks and time available to spend with my family. These are priceless times. They will be gone before I know it. SOAK IT ALL IN. 

I want to set a few goals for my leave though. I read somewhere that it's wise to make small goals with low expectations during a season like this. Things will not get accomplished. Sometimes just hanging out with my kids will be more than enough. They need to be fed. They need naps. They need adventures. 

Here are a few things that I have been thinking about lately...

  • Revamp our budget. 
  • Organize our closets. We need to get rid of a lot of clothes that we no longer wear and I would like to not see my maternity pants any longer. 
  • Work on creating a good newborn/preschooler schedule. 
  • Start a workout program, slowly...and follow through. (Once I have been given the ok from my doc.) 
  • Rejoin Weight Watchers and find a meeting that works with our schedule and two children. 
  • Treat yo self (Any Parks & Rec fans out there?) Get my hair done, get a pedicure. 
  • Have a few playdates/coffee dates with other moms and families. Get out of the house!
  • Make date night a priority. 
  • Redesign this blog. It's time for a fresh, new look. 
  • Work on a few, very simple house projects. 
I know some people out there will think that I'm crazy, but this is how I roll. I do love a good list. 

Small goals, low expectations. 

No comments