Camping Trip 2011

On Thursday, we left for a camping trip to Lake Mcconaughy in Nebraska. It was an adventure, with relaxing moments here and there, and I didn't manage to sun burn myself. Overall: successful trip.

Thursday: We took forever to find a camping spot. Once we did, the weather decided to kick up and we spent a very windy and wet evening putting up camp, eating delicious (but sandy) kabobs and pasta salad in our tent, and hoping that the morning would fair better weather wise.


Friday: We ventured into town and found a diner that's been open since 1949. Breakfast consisted of hot cakes, sausage, bacon, eggs, and hashbrowns. Delicious. My diet and I didn't speak to each other for a few days. Once the weather cleared up we finally were able to go swimming and our friends met us there to continue camping with us for the night.






Saturday: The weather was finally beautiful. We had a wonderful breakfast and lounged on the beach until we needed to pack up and head home. 






It was a grand trip overall, aside from the weather on Friday. I am relaxed. I currently am doing loads of laundry since everything we own smells like a camp fire. 






1 comment

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! I have been craving a camping trip.

    ReplyDelete