Healthy Eating

I stumbled across this company, Door to Door Organics,  a few days ago and I was so stoked to find that they deliver locally. I love the idea of supporting local farmers, having a box of delicious, organic vegetables and fruits delivered straight to my doorstep twice a month, and knowing that I am taking better care of myself and my husband. 

I can't wait for Monday! (Never thought I would say that.) Monday is the day that they deliver to our area and I cannot wait to cook some meals I have never endeavored upon and to know that I'm eating healthy. For those of you that don't know, I recently went on a diet and lost thirty pounds and my goal is to maintain that weight loss before I continue on the next stretch come January. (More on that in another post.) Being able to finally lose the weight has made me completely rethink the food I put into my mouth and I really do desire to eat healthy foods. 

Here is what will be in our box this coming Monday: 


5 ea. Roma Tomatoes
1 ea. Red Leaf Lettuce
1 ea. Collard Greens bunch
1 ea. Fennel Bulb
1 ea. Carrots 1LB. Bag
2 ea. Zucchini Squash
1 ea. Cucumber
2 ea. Pomegranate
2 ea. Anjou Pear
2 ea. Kiwi Fruit
2 ea. Pinova Apple
2 ea. Pink Lady Apple
4 ea. Navel Orange


I can't wait! I need to grab my mom's chocolate chip zucchini bread recipe from her and actually try it out! 


Again, please go check out their website. 




No comments