The Great Kitchen Re-do, Pt. 2


READ PART ONE HERE 


Here it is, the moment you have all been waiting for: our new kitchen! :) I'm so pleased with how all of it came out in the end. It was quite the process, but I got to do the project with many people that I love. We really only spent probably about $500 bucks on the entire thing. For a budget so low, all I can tell you is it was a long two months of paint, paint, and more paint. We used "Jamaican Bay" by Behr on our walls and Ultra Extra White on our cabinets. 

Our new kitchen table. Thanks mom and dad! I've also had that clock since I was a kid. I'm currently hunting for a nice red one. 


Clearly, we need some more wine. :) I also found this bread box at an antique store. I saw it about a year before I bought it. I returned a year later and decided that since it was still there that I needed to buy it. It's beat up and wonderful. 
Probably my favorite detail: our chalkboard wall! I LOVE chalkboard paint. 


My father built our cabinet doors. 


I'm obsessed with my hanging vegetable basket. 
My Great Grandmother made this doily. 



This vase was a thrift store find. 

My favorite part of our kitchen: the place where we make the coffee. 


2 comments

  1. Love it! I would like to see a picture of the old cabinets next to the new ones, for comparison. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love (Great)Grandma's hand crocheted doily on your kitchen table. It's a great personal touch.

    ReplyDelete