I'm Thankful For: The Creative


I'm thankful for......

Music. Art. Photography. 

All of the amazing people that have been a part of my journey as a song-writer. 

All of the late night recording sessions and the chance to build something with someone else. 


All of the songs, the gigs, the laughs, the difficult times.


The moment when I capture an aspect of someone else's existence through the sound of a shutter. 


The glazed over eyes after editing photographs for hours upon hours. 

The back porch song writing sessions, the lyrics poured out from our hearts, and the coming together as a band of people that truly love each other. 


The simple fact that day in and day out, I have the opportunity to do something that I love, something that I couldn't possibly live without, and something that will always be knitted to my very soul. 

I was born with music inside me. Music was one of my parts. Like my ribs, my kidneys, my liver, my heart. Like my blood. It was a force already within me when I arrived on the scene. It was a necessity for me-like food or water.
Ray Charles



No comments