26 Things Before 26: A Revisit


I was realizing the other day how close I really am to turning 26 years old. That number used to seem so far away, off in the distance. Being over 25 seemed like decades away. Now I am 107 days until I turn 26. I’ve also come to the realization of how much of this list I still need to accomplish, some of the things I might not accomplish, and some of the things I actually have completed in my 25 years of living. I figured it would be a healthy reminder to revisit this list since my birthday isn’t that far away. Time moves so quickly nowadays and my weeks seem to pass by in the blink of an eye if I’m not careful enough to slow down every once in a while. 


1. Be better to my body and health. 
I am doing this. We have joined a gym and I am working out consistently. I’ve also been on a new meal plan that has changed the way I eat. I stepped on a scale last night and am 7 lbs down from the last time I stepped on that fateful scale. I am making progress. Good progress. I am learning what it is to live strong. 

2. Record a new record. Good thing I've starting actually writing songs again.
I fear that this probably won’t happen in 100 days. I am writing again. I must take this as it comes. 

3. Learn how to sew
I still have hope. Our art room has become a storage room, but I hope to change that very soon. 

4. Blog more. I've neglected my little blog world for nearly a month. 
Look. Here I am writing as we speak. 

5. Take photos. For fun. 
I have done this, not as much as I’d like, but I think I have accomplished this. Maybe a photo date is my future. (My first date with my husband consisted of taking photos all over our little city.) 

6. Re-do our bathroom & bedroom. Paint the walls. New bedding. New colors. 
I have the ideas. I just need the paint. And the funding. 

7. Go through every room in our house. Determine what I love and hate. Craigslist shall be my best friend. 
This weekend. It begins. I’m planning the garage sale to end all garage sales. 

8. Bake more. 
Accomplished. I make a mean loaf of bread. I do think I should branch out more though. Cakes? Pies? 

9. Keep growing out my hair. 
Done. And still growing. 

10. Lose the rest of my weight. 20 more pounds to go. 30 down. I'd say Weight Watchers is doing me some good. 
See #1. 

11. Go to a farmer's market. 
It’s on my calendar. 

12. Landscape our yard. 
We first of all need to go over the yard with a vengeance. Our home was a rental before we bought it almost two years ago and the yard is taking it out on us. 

13. Pay off my van. 
Uh. Probably not this year. We are poor. 

14. Get out of debt. 
See # 13. But, we are slowly making progress. 

15. Get pregnant! :) 
I thought for sure this would be the year we would begin this journey, but alas, it just doesn’t seem to be our time yet. But, God can do anything He wants with this one. 

16. Move into a somewhat different position at work. And enjoy it
No change, but I’m surviving the office life one day at a time. 

17 . Go back to school. For what? Not sure yet. 
This is still far off. It might not be in the future for me either. I have made it my intention to keep learning as much as I can but not within the institution of another college. 

18. Run a 5k.
I joined a gym. I go to that gym a lot. We will live with that for now.  

19. Take a real vacation. Swim in the ocean. (I never have!) 
I went to Mexico with my work. I dream about it weekly. 

20. Wear more color. Thrift once a month. 
I have definitely done this. Outfit posts are also on their way. 

21. Learn to knit/crochet. 
I still need to do this. 

22. Fly somewhere. 
Mexico! 

23. Get another pet. 

24. Get another tattoo. 
Still dreaming up what I want next. I do know that the next piece will be color. All of mine are currently black and white. Also see #13 and #14. ie: We are poor. 

25. Be a vegetarian for a month. 
I went vegan/vegetarian for month. Read about here and here. 

26. Get a massage. 
I can’t forget about this one. I must schedule one soon. 

No comments