Oatmeal Raisin Bites


The man and I have been on Weight Watchers for a while and we really love it, as far as diets go. I guess I should really call it a lifestyle because I hardly ever feel deprived and that's why I've returned to the plan time and time again. One thing is for sure though, I still love me some baking. It's therapeutic for me to put some headphones and tunes on, get myself covered in flour and brown sugar, and bake something yummy. Some recipes suck in this regard because they aren't good for you, but some, like the ones from WW's are a godsend. I still get my cookie/bread/cake fix and know that I won't totally blog my diet. Win, win. 

The recipe that I recently tried was for Oatmeal Raisin Bites. I only altered the recipe a tad. I added one more egg (which might take this up to 3 points per cookie, instead of two), because the dough was really dry. 

The hubby, roommates, and any other person that walked into our home greatly approved. I will remember this recipe. 

You will need: 

1 1/2 cups uncooked rolled oats
3/4 cups whole-grain wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 cups regular butter, softened
1/2 cups packed brown sugar
1/4 cups sugar
2 large eggs
1tsp vanilla extract
1 cup raising, chopped 




Preheat oven to 350ºF


In a medium bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon; set aside. 



Using an electric mixer, cream butter and both sugars until incorporated. Add egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly.







 Add egg and vanilla; mix thoroughly. Add oat mixture and mix until just combined; fold in raisins.




The hubby helped. 
Drop rounded teaspoons of batter onto 2 ungreased cookie sheets, about 1-inch apart each. Bake for 9 to 10 minutes for chewy cookies or 11 to 12 minutes for crispy cookies. Remove from oven and let cookies rest on cookie sheets for about 2 minutes; remove cookies to a wire rack to cool completely. Yields 1 cookie per serving.





Side note: I left these in the oven a tad longer because of the addition of the 2nd egg. They took a little longer to bake completely. 



I'm sad they all have already been eaten. 







No comments