Baby Marin: Week Six

Six weeks. Week six. I now have only 35 days until I return back to work full time. Who's counting? Clearly I am. Clearly I'm not fully ready to return just yet. I want to just hang out with my kid all day, write my blog, work on some other business ventures, and scrub my kitchen. That sounds good to me.  I plan to embrace the next 35 days with gusto, with determination, with a focused passion for the little details in the everyday and to witness every little change in our little girl as she continues to grow far too quickly. I want to soak it all in.



This week is going to be a good one. My first order of Doterra oils should be arriving on my doorstep any day now. I had my 6 week postpartum appointment yesterday and I plan to dive head first into really exercising again. So far it's just been little walks here and there. I'm ready for some intensity in my workouts, to really feel it the next day. It's been a while, that's for sure. My jeans (well, not my old jeans, the ones that are a way larger size than I'd like at the moment) still don't fit well. Nothing fits well. It's true what they say: your post-pregnancy body is very different from your pre-pregancny body. Even though I'm slowly losing the weight, everything has settled different. Jean shopping isn't one my favorite things right now. Yoga pants are lovely. Elastic is my friend.

Marin is still growing like a weed. I am always surprised in the morning when I sit down to nurse her and realize that she feels bigger than the night before. Every time she smiles, Ryan and I can't help but comment on how adorable our child is. We made that. We are some proud parents, that's for sure. No shame in that, right?

We are so close to sleeping through the night. Sunday night she slept from about 9:30pm to almost 5:00am! Hallelujah! I know going into week six, we will probably see a growth spurt which is probably going to alter our sleep schedule yet again, but I'm rejoicing while I can. I feel far more like a functioning human being now that I'm sleeping a little more every night. Thank you, baby. Thank you.



We are still working on getting rid of cradle cap and baby acne. My current remedy is coconut oil, which seems to be helping far more than anything else we've tried. I'm also going to try altering my diet a bit this week and see if that helps. I love me some dairy: yogurt, cheese, milk, etc. But, it could be affecting her skin? I'm also going to try and back away from stuff that's too spicy (I will maybe have put a hold on the sriracha that I just bought. Sad day.) Maybe it will help, maybe it won't. There seems to be a lot of opinions out there on the subject. There's a lot of trial and error when it comes to breast feeding.



Our little girl is 42 days old. 42 days. She'll be in college before we know it. I don't want to blink and miss anything.

No comments